Tony looks to protect the reputation and interests of employers across a broad range of industries and different size organisations including SME’s, local subsidiaries of overseas based companies and publically listed companies in Australia. He is an extremely experienced workplace lawyer focusing on strategies to achieve practical workplace solutions, compliance and dispute management.
Tony leads the Workplace Relations team in NSW and hosts regular discussion groups for HR professionals in a range of industries including construction, health services, manufacturing, property and retail.
“I strive to understand my clients business and work with them to implement and manage changes in their workplaces which are sustainable, reasonable and fair.”
National environmental services corporation – in relation to the successful consolidation of various of its operations which involved managing changes in its employing entities, work locations and terms and conditions of employment of its employees.
Large not for profit organisation – advice and representation in relation to a lengthy renegotiation of its enterprise bargaining arrangements for its key staff with a final outcome being achieved on favourable terms with no time lost.
Local Subsidiary – obtained urgent freezing orders from the Supreme Court for a client who had become aware of the misappropriation of a significant amount of money by an ex-employee.
Bachelor of Law,The University of Sydney
Bachelor of Economics ,the University of Sydney
The Law Society of NSW
- Award compliance
- Commercial & Transactional
- Coronial Inquests
- Cross border transactions and HR Management
- Discrimination & Harassment
- Employment (Awards, contracts, disputes, general advice, policies, termination, misleading and deceptive conduct)
- Employment + HR training
- Enterprise agreements
- Enterprise bargaining negotiations with unions
- HR policies + procedures
- Industrial Relations (Enterprise agreements, disputes, enterprise bargaining, etc)
- Investigations – sexual harassment, discrimination, bullying and employee fraud
- OHS Advice
- OHS Prosecutions
- Ombudsman investigations and Compliance
- Post-employment restraints – drafting and editing
- Proceedings in Courts and Tribunals
- Strategic Workplace Planning